RevenueCat makes building, analyzing and growing mobile subscriptions easy. We launched as part of Y Combinator’s summer 2018 batch and today are handling more than $1.2B of in-app purchases annually across thousands of apps.
We are a mission driven, remote-first company that is building the standard for mobile subscription infrastructure. Top apps like VSCO, Notion, and ClassDojo count on RevenueCat to power their subscriptions at scale.
Our 50 team members (and growing!) are located all over the world, from San Francisco to Madrid to Taipei. We’re a close-knit, product-driven team, and we strive to live our core values: Customer Obsession, Always Be Shipping, Own It, and Balance.
We’re looking to make our first accounting hire to join RevenueCat and report directly to our Head of Finance & BizOps. You’ll play a critical role in shaping the Accounting function at RevenueCat and will bring rigor and process improvements to our day-to-day operations.
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to make key decisions as they relate to bringing accounting, tax, and AP functions in house, you’ll be responsible for Not only will you have the opportunity to be a strategic partner in developing a plan for bringing accounting, tax, and AP functions in house and; you will be implement operating procedures to ensure that we’re audit-ready when the time comes.
- You have experience developing accounting processes and controls in a fast growing company
- You have good balance between strategic thinking and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and dive into the details
- You have experience working with a global employee base
- You can seamlessly handle multiple projects in a fast paced hyper growth environment and can manage your time well
- You are comfortable with accounting and payroll systems, such as Quickbooks, Pilot, Bill.com, and Remote.com
- You have experience preparing, analyzing, and verifying financial statements and other records, using GAAP.
- You have a CPA with 2+ years at a public accounting firm plus 4+ years at a technology startup
In the first month, you’ll:
- Gain an understanding of our current accounting processes and infrastructure
- Develop cross-functional relationships with Finance & BizOps, HR, and other departments across the company to ensure accurate accounting and operational scalability as processes are rolled out
Within the first 3 months, you’ll:
- Start to build a plan for building internal controls and processes that will scale with a fast growing business
- Own key accounting functions and responsibilities, such as AP, Payroll, Expense Management, and Customer Payments
- You can reconcile our financial statements and have verified
Within the first 6 months, you’ll:
- Begin to execute on your list of internal controls and process improvements
- Create documentation for accounting principles and processes
- Develop system for overseeing and managing customer payments
Within the first 12 months, you’ll:
- Confirm audit-readiness
- Build a roadmap for the accounting functions within RevenueCat, noting when functions should be brought in-house
- Assess the need for the creation of a foreign entity for team members in specific countries / regions.
What we offer:
- $173,000 to $194,000 USD salary regardless of your location
- Competitive equity in a fast-growing, Series B startup backed by top tier investors including Y Combinator
- 10 year window to exercise vested equity options
- Fully remote work environment that promotes autonomy and flexibility
- Suggested 4 to 5 weeks time off to recharge and focus on mental, physical, and emotional health
- $2,000 USD to build your personal workspace
- $1,000 USD annual stipend for your continuous learning and growth
Read Full Job Description