Flexport is seeking a high-energy leader to run its Global Financial Operations based in Atlanta. This is a crucial leadership role that will oversee Global Accounts Payable, Indirect Procure-to-Pay, and Cash Application & Collections. Flexport is a high growth, fast-paced, pre-IPO environment. If you like “building” this might be the right opportunity for you.
- Create and deliver a long-term vision and strategy for Global Finance Operations.
- Partner with Finance Operations functional leaders to maintain and improve actionable department metrics with periodic business reviews.
- Maintain and improve policies, procedures, and training programs in cooperation with Accounting, Treasury, and Digital Finance that ensure timely and accurate processing of transactions.
- Drive continuous improvement, process automation, and ensure change control management activities by appropriately working with Digital Finance and Flexport Technology org (Product, Engineering and Design).
- Partner with Accounting to ensure a timely and accurate month-end close.
- Work closely with internal partners including Operations, Direct (Freight) Procurement, Finance, Tax, Treasury, Legal, and Accounting to ensure a complete understanding of, and execution toward, company wide initiatives.
- Manage and develop a team of 80+ individuals (including direct employees and contractors) across all functions to ensure bench strength from which the company may continue its growth story.
- Assist functional leaders in resolving trade related account discrepancies by evaluating and approving investigations and resolving special cases.
- Maintain robust vendor management oversight and controls, ensuring proper mitigation of fraud.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business or equivalent practical experience.
- An MBA or Masters degree is preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 15 years total post education experience, with 7-10 years of experience in transactional processing environments.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
- Domestic and international payment experience.
- Experience building out and leading global teams.
- Strong organization and analytical skills (e.g Excel, SQL, BI Tools).
- Engaging people leader with strong stakeholder management skills
- Knowledge of payment software platforms and ERP systems, (experience with Netsuite is a plus!)
- Logistic experience strongly preferred.
- Experience managing setting up and maoffshore service centers strongly preferred.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade – a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries.
Started in 2013, we’ve raised funding from reputable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Michael Dell’s MSD Partners, Shopify, SoftBank Vision Fund, and Founders Fund.
Flexport was recently named No. 1 on CNBC’s top 50 Disruptor list in 2022.
Don’t have any freight forwarding experience?
- What’s freight forwarding and why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination and shipment of goods from one place to another and it’s what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
We’re building the first Operating System for Global Trade. That’s why it’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.