About BentoBox & Our Mission
The BentoBox Marketing and Commerce Platform delivers a seamless guest experience dedicated to accelerating growth and helping restaurants thrive. BentoBox empowers modern restaurants to build their online presence, diversify revenue, engage with diners, and increase operational efficiency. To do so, the platform includes products such as websites, ordering (online ordering, pre-order & catering, gift cards, merchandise, tickets), events management, and marketing tools.
Over 8,000 restaurant concepts worldwide rely on BentoBox as their digital front door. BentoBox is trusted and loved by hospitality groups such as José Andrés’s ThinkFoodGroup and Danny Meyer’s Union Square Hospitality Group and independent restaurants including Emmy Squared, Suerte, and The Meatball Shop. In November 2021, Fiserv, a leading global provider of payments and financial services technology that enables 200,000 restaurants to deliver differentiating experiences, acquired BentoBox. The acquisition will allow BentoBox to support more restaurants than ever before.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Creative Director, the senior copywriter will be responsible for helping to craft the BentoBox story, and pushing the brand forward through concise and engaging copy. Copywriter will translate broad creative ideas into tight concepts and executions that resonate with restaurant owners, and embody the brand, ensuring all copy remains true to the BentoBox voice and mission of hospitality.
What You’ll Do:
- Write fresh, compelling copy to support multiple touch points – email, website, advertising, collateral, direct mail, sales enablement, scripts, etc.
- Adhere to and enforce established brand guidelines
- Partner with the CD to create campaign ideas and guide concepts through execution
- Understand SEO principles and write content that not only drives acquisition, but also introduces the BentoBox brand to new audiences
- Test and measure effectiveness of copy in driving conversions across various channels
- Communicate our B2B product value propositions to restaurant owners and prospective customers
- Compose prospecting campaigns based on various buyer personas, to result in more clicks, opens, replies, and demos
- Collaborate and iterate with designers to create high-quality creative materials
- Support Sales and Customer Success teams in ongoing promotions, campaigns, and collateral
- Assist in the development of internal materials such as employer branding, handbooks, pitch decks, and investor materials
- Uphold BentoBox’s core mission and contribute to a positive culture and team environment
- Monitor performance metrics in order to optimize copywriting output and iteration
Experience We’re Looking For:
- 5-7 years copywriting experience in either an in-house or agency environment
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, test and learn environment, and the ability to switch between projects seamlessly
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, English, advertising, or related field
- Ability to write clear, concise, grammatically correct copy and adhere to established brand guide
- Ability to articulate technical concepts in layman’s terms
- Attention to detail, especially when editing and proofreading
- Experience in the hospitality, tech, or B2B industry a plus
- Submission of writing samples or portfolio
- Ability to self manage and clearly communicate progress and blockers in a project management tool
- Strong understanding of how copy and creative work together in multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Respect for good design and a basic understanding of design principles
Perks of Joining Us:
We’re building a hybrid workforce, all or most of our roles can be worked remotely, regardless of location, unless specified.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Generous time off programs including paid parental leave
- Holistic wellness program
- Employee resource groups
- Professional development, growth and support
- Opportunity to work with a passionate team making a positive impact on the hospitality community
Important Information on BentoBox’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
In order to protect our community, BentoBox newly hired employees in the United States will not be required to be fully vaccinated, but will be required to disclose vaccination status. Associates traveling within the U.S. will no longer be required to attend safety briefings and Fiserv-sponsored events will no longer require proof of vaccination. All Fiserv associates can enter and work in Fiserv facilities regardless of vaccination status.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.