We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer with a passion for UX strategy. You’ll be working on the Onboarding Team, which is responsible for creating enablement experiences that help users get started using the platform and continuously find value within it.
Our team’s work is exciting and challenging – not only do we impact critical user flows across the platform, we are in the process of reimagining legacy experiences and creating entirely new ones. This means that you’ll have a hand in defining the visual language and UX behind major updates and setting precedents for our approach to enablement.
As a Senior team member you’ll own projects within our team’s scope, as well as collaborate with other product teams on their Onboarding projects. You’ll play a key role in defining and evangelizing best practices and work with team members from all disciplines to implement them.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture – the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the full-stack design process for projects of various scopes, collaborating with PMs, Engineers, and Designers both within our team and on other product teams across the organization
- Influence the content strategy behind how we guide users at various touch points
- Deliver polished visual mockups and prototypes that reflect a robust set of states and edge cases and work closely with Engineers as they execute
- Partner with Product Managers, Technical Enablement managers, and Data Scientists to understand how our customers use Datadog and what they need to succeed
- Evolve Datadog’s visual language
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of experience in digital product design
- Your portfolio includes strong visual design work and prototypes for digital product design or web applications
- You can comfortably flex between crafting a big-picture vision for an entire experience and solving nuanced UI design problems
- You are able to clearly convey the support for your design decisions to cross-functional stakeholders and leaders across the company
- You thrive on a fast-paced team and can juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- You collaborate effectively with other designers, as well as Product Managers and Engineers
- You can quickly understand complex technical products and work with a highly technical customer base
- You are familiar with systems thinking and component-based design patterns
Datadog values people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one. That’s okay. If you’re passionate about technology and want to grow your skills, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits and Growth:
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- Intradepartmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- An inclusive company culture, ability to join our Community Guilds (Datadog employee resource groups)
- Access to Inclusion Talks, our internal panel discussions
- Free, global mental health benefits for employees and dependents age 6+
- Competitive global benefits
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
Read Full Job Description