Chewy’s Pet Health is on a mission to build innovative solutions for our customers and our partner vets, such as our recent launch of Chewy’s first Telehealth service and Compounding Pharmacy. Engineering plays a critical role in defining and executing our platform roadmap. We take time to understand the “why” before we start shaping up the “how.” We celebrate engineering successes and promote a blameless and continuous learning and improvement engineering culture. We set the bar high for delivering production-ready code by adopting CI/CD and DevOps engineering best practices. Our engineers are encouraged to contribute ideas and code to our own platform and to other partner teams.
As a Software Development Manager (SDM) on the Pet Health development team, you will act as both an individual contributor and lead a team of strong engineers building services for Chewy’s Pet Health initiatives. This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for this new and growing line of business. As the leader of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US.
- Manage and lead a team of 4-7 software and quality assurance engineers responsible for building Chewy’s new Pet Health initiatives
- Foster, maintain, and improve upon a culture of operational excellence with consistent, repeatable processes and standards
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams
- Collaborate with others in Engineering Management to drive best practices in software design, development, testing, and production deployment
- Work with your product owners to balance delivery of forward looking roadmap initiatives with the existing backlog of iterative improvements and maintenance, in partnership with multiple support multiple teams
- Partner with our recruiting team to continue building your team and mentor the growth of the current talented team
- Identify and manage team priorities and deliveries within the context of overall Chewy objectives
- Demonstrated history of implementing and managing multiple, significant software development projects
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development as a software engineer or architect
- 3+ years of experience in Engineering Management
- Proven delivery experience working under an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Strong communication skills with both technical and business audiences
- Position may require travel
- Experience in e-commerce or Healthcare
- Experience delivering projects via Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- Relevant Java ecosystem like Spring Boot based applications
- Relevant experience with cloud & orchestration technologies (AWS Services, Terraform, HELM, Ansible, etc)
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]
Checkout latest world news below links :
World News || Latest News || U.S. News
The post Software Development Manager – Pet Health – Chewy appeared first on WorldNewsEra.