Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, growth-stage technology company focused on transforming the healthcare industry, ultimately creating a more personalized patient experience, improving health outcomes, and lowering the overall cost of healthcare. Abacus Insights provides a flexible, efficient, and secure platform that organizes and exchanges healthcare data from various sources and formats, allowing our customers to uncover differentiated insights that address their clients’ needs. In addition, our employees know that they play an active role in keeping our customers’ data safe and are responsible for ensuring that our comprehensive policies and practices are met.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows our clients’ access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. As a result, they can ingest and manage all the information they need to transform their business by supporting their analytical, operational, and financial needs through our platform.
Since our founding in 2017, Abacus has built a highly successful SaaS business, raising more than $80 Million by leading VC firms with profound expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. We are solving massive complex problems in an industry ready for disruption. We’re building powerful momentum and would love for you to be a part of it!
About the role
The Program Manager is responsible for overall planning and tracking of software implementation and other consulting services projects from inception through delivery and acceptance. In addition, they act as the client’s executive sponsor and as the company’s liaison, ensuring a superior professional relationship where Abacus Insights’ value-enhancing products and services are optimally utilized.
- Manage software development project activities for multiple projects across all project phases, including initiation, discovery, planning, development, implementation, delivery, and post-go-live support.
- Work collaboratively with Abacus Insights development, product owners, IT support, Customer Success team, and senior executives.
- Work collaboratively with the client’s project, IT, business SME, and senior executive teams.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients during all phases of the project.
- Schedule and lead calls and meetings with clients as necessary in the execution of the project.
- Perform risk mitigation and corrective action implementation.
- Manage programs with multiple work streams.
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day progress of projects and the activities of product, software development, and other project staff.
- Manage client expectations based on realistic joint priorities.
- Communicate with project teams to ensure project deliverables are on schedule and within budget.
- Provide recommendations to Client management about schedules, prioritization, resource allocation, and resource constraints with input from Abacus team members.
- Provide ongoing project plan/status reports weekly, monthly, and quarterly to the Client teams and Client executive management.
- Create, manage, and track: project schedules, regularly scheduled project team meetings, detailed project plans, executive level status reports, business, and technical requirements assessments, and manage Statements of Work (SOW) based on requirements, resource allocation, availability, and utilization.
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years of Project Management / Program Management experience within a Healthcare software development environment
- Experience with software implementation life cycles at health plans
- Deep understanding of claims, benefits, eligibility, provider, EDI transaction, and other health plan business processes
- Strong understanding of payer business cycles and best practices
- Strong business knowledge and written and verbal communications skills with internal and external team members
- Ability to travel 50% of the time to customer sites
- Knowledge of best practice standards in project management and ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Organized, self-motivated, strong relationship building skills, and the ability to develop strong working partnerships with internal staff, as well as customers
Equal Opportunity Employer
As a mission-led technology company that is helping to drive better healthcare outcomes, Abacus Insights believes that the best innovation and value we can bring to our customers comes from diverse ideas, thoughts, experiences, and perspectives. Therefore, we proudly dedicate extensive time and resources to building diverse teams and providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants. Abacus prohibits discrimination and harassment regarding race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.