Key responsibilities include:
- Working directly with the product management and product development teams to define and document product requirements and ensure they match client expectations
- Partnering with the Product Management team and key stakeholders to help with the execution of the product vision and building a successful project strategy
- Analyze emissions data and create automated processes to validate and improve data content and database processes within corporate data repositories.
- Ability to analyze emissions data to solve problems and drive improvement to current processes and develop impactful solutions using new technologies.
- Develop solutions through buy, build or partner strategies
- Coordinating with other energy product teams to exploit synergies and opportunities to share technologies and/or integration of products
- Building analytics dashboards, and monitoring solutions.
- Performing high level testing to be sure that requirements are successfully met by product releases
- Interacts with members of product development, sales, customer support, and directly with customers to provide subject matter expertise in our North American Emissions product offerings.
- Coordinates with other Energy product teams to exploit synergies and opportunities to share technologies and/or integration of products.
- Participates in customer advisory and user group meetings
- Master’s degree Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, CIS, Data Science, or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a product owner, software development or product support role.
- Experience in upstream oil and gas with a deep understanding of the E&P lifecycle
- Project management and Agile experience preferred
- Understanding of Upstream Energy Emissions workflows preferred, but not required.
- Excellent time management, analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Hands-on skills in a wide variety of data management fields like Data Modeling, data warehousing, Database Management, and ETL tools.
- Proficient in SQL, and Python preferred
- Working knowledge of Azure DevOps, Jira, Databricks preferred
What We Offer
- Competitive base salary, bonus plans and equity.
- A comprehensive, benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match with no vesting period, parental leave and 3 volunteering days each year. For more information on benefits, please access the benefits page on our careers site: https://careers.ihsmarkit.com/benefits.php.
- For work locations in the state of Colorado, the anticipated minimum base salary for this role would be $,000. Compensation will be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the applicant.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: [email protected] and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
Read Full Job Description
The post Technical Product Owner: North American Content-Emissions Products – IHS Markit appeared first on WorldNewsEra.